15 April 2013

Poster retirement card

Hi Everyone, don't know much about today's weather as I have had my head down all day in work, so glad I only work 2 days now LOL. Although it is milder a barmy 13C.

I thought I would show you a "poster" card I did for one of the retiring Consultant's in work.  I was in my "creative" what can I do in Photoshop mood, and came across a tutorial that I have followed, bookmarked it to give you the info on it, but it doesn't seem to be in my bookmarks for some reason, I'll trace it and link it at a later date. I learned so much from it and used PS brushes and layers and more layers, with lots of other things I hadn't used before, LOVE it.  Here it is everyone, hope you get to enjoy learning too :) HERE

I know 99.9% of you are stampers and this may bore you, but I was excited by the new learning of what PS is capable of.

Anyhow, the Consultant plays a violin, loves his red wine, musical theatre, and rock climbing, the "card" had to have a lot of pages so that everyone could wish him well.  The card is A4 size, with a greeting page and 6 other pages (making 12 for signing, I added images and also quotes on every inside page from Create with TLC) - this is what I came up with "in my creative mode".

I didn't add any embellishments as it will be handled by too many people (over 200) I just hope it will look OK after they have finished it.  Thankfully it was well received by the main Sister organising things for him.


No challenges, don't think type of thing would be suitable for any, unless I find some PS ones LOL.



8 comments:

Bonnie said...

You do such amazing PS work! I'm challenged to even edit a photo, much less create something like this! I hope he feels special that you did this for him.

Shirley Young said...

This looks fantastic Faith. Would love the link if you can find it.

Sarn said...

WOW - that is a FANTASTIC card Faith. Just superb xxx

Viv said...

Fabulous card Faith, I bet he loved it :) Viv xx

Aileen said...

Brilliant, Faith. I love how you've incorporated all his likes into your poster. x

Vicky Hayes said...

I used to make illustrations using PS Faith so I know just how much work has gone into this! A wonderful card and I'm sure the consultant was delighted. Vicky x

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am in awe of your talent with PS Faith!!
xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Honestly , I dont know how you found these fabulous images and combined them to create this awesome card front . But I do know that I love the result .
hugs Shirley-Anne