20 June 2013

80th birthday card

Hi everyone,  after a miserable wet and wintry day, at least my son's room is nearly ready, a new carpet and bed and it should be wonderful. You are probably wondering why I am so excited by this, well my son is bipolar and it has been extremely hard the last 5 years to even get him out of his room apart from food, so to get him out of it AND help with the decoration is a wonderful leap forward, the funny thing is he is absolutely shattered, shows a little work helps with the mind. LOL.

My card for today is one I shan't be entering into a challenge as I don't think it would fit into a criteria, but thought I would show it anyway.

I was asked by one of the girls in the office to make a card for her Aunt who was to be 80, she wanted something from the series "The Midwives" on it, as the lady had been a midwife in the era of the series.  The papers are from "You make me Smile" a digi kit by elle designs, I used an Embossalicious embossing folder to make the rose design on one of the papers, I downloaded the picture from the BBC.  I printed and cut the papers to layer them and used a Spellbinders shape to put the 80 into. Then just added Those were the days to the front.  Hope you like it.




7 comments:

Sally H said...

That is a wonderful card, Faith! I love it. The colours/papers are the perfect retro touch to go with the era

Bonnie said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the kind words! xxoo

Shirley Young said...

Lovely card Faith. The embossing effect is really pretty. Pleased to hear your decorating went well. Our kitchen is still a work in progress but at least we can use it again thank goodness.

Sarn said...

Perfect fit for the details you were given Faith. Absolutely terrific card, bet your colleague will be really chuffed with it.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Irene said...

Gorgeous card, i'm sure the lady will love it xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your card Faith and am sure it will bring back plenty of memories! It must be SO satisfying to have achieved the make over to your son's room with his help. You'll have to think up some more projects you can work on together! Vicky x

Linby said...

Got mixed up in my comments, the last part of the last one was in relation to this post!!!
LOVE this too, fab image and a fab card.
Linbyx