16 June 2013

Engagement card

Hi Everyone, I have had the least mojo week I have had for ages, I haven't made one single card or even wanted too, perhaps it's something to do with our miserable "summer" weather, we even had the heating on last night.

WARNING! I am adding some flowers from the garden I took in the 2 or 3 days summer we had a couple of weeks ago.  Also a couple of our bird visitors, which give us so much joy to watch.

Well at least I have a card to show you, I made a couple of weeks ago.  Quite simple but thankfully the couple were thrilled.

The digi torn vellum background is by sbbvintageartistry, I can't tell you more sorry, as I have the file dated 2005.  The heart I have saved under someones name, but when I went to link it, I couldn't find it on her blog, could someone confirm where I got it from please? it's also a cut file, but I used it here with the png file also in the same file, I love the swirls in the heart.  I put the couples names into the centre of the heart and cut a couple from a digi silhouette freebie I got from ????? duh! done it again! sorry, must be more careful in saving!  I added some Perlen Pen "pearl drops" to each of the ending swirls.

Anyhow here it is.

I shall enter the following challenges

http://wagsnwhiskersrubberstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-106-weddinganniversarylove.html  Wedding, Anniversary, Love

http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-11.html  Anything Goes

Now for my flower and bird pictures, you have been warned LOL.

Hubby's favourite and I Love the colours of this too

and it's petal spurs, which must be about 1.5 inches long.

Beautiful deep purple
I know this is out of focus, but just to show the lovely pale colours of this variety.

I was thrilled when I realised one of the sparrows had been caught in mid flight

One of our collared dove visitors






5 comments:

Shirley Young said...

It's lovely Faith and just that little bit different too. Your garden photos look great, just wish summer would come to stay instead of just the odd day or two. We had the heating on last night too.

G Peplow said...

Pretty card Faith and it's so personal, everyone likes to be individual so this is perfect! I do hope you feel more like crafting soon, the weather has been pants but tonight it was quite warm in the sunshine, hope you feel happier very soon, hugs Gay x
p.s I love your flower and bird shots don't they look like they're having fun :D x

chrissy xx said...

JUst GOrgeous! I LOve your colours and design. I LOve personal cards..
Your Aquilegia's are so pretty and I LOve your 'bird' pictures too.
I'm the right side of 60 to lol..
Chrissyxx

Bonnie said...

Such a classy engagement card, Faith! Love that heart and the silhouette figures! Thanks for sharing the pretty flowers and birds. I love watching the birds.

Jenn Bedient said...

Beautiful card (and flowers)! Love your design and details. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Wags n Whiskers. Hope you have a fabulous day!

- Jenn DT
Blog Candy