06 June 2013

Masculine card

Hi Everyone, AWOL again, sorry so much emotional stuff going on, that I haven't been in the slightest bit crafty, but the sun has decided it's summer so thought I would come out to play :)

This is going to be a picture heavy post so I'll show you my card and you can miss the rest if you want.  I copied an image off the web for fencers, made them black and cut them out on my Cricut.  The papers are by Just Jamie and her digi kit, "It's a good life."  I cut out all the elements and placed them layered onto the card.
The sketch I followed is by KizzyDizzy Designs


the challenges I am entering  are
http://paper-craftingjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/masculine-cards.html  Masculine cards

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-225-one-for-boys.html  One for the boys

http://creativecraftchallenges2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-11-for-fellas.html  For the fellas

Now for the pretty stuff

We had my brother and SIL for a visit last weekend, I love it when they come, no special things to do, except cleaning, changing the bed, making food etc etc, you know nuffin speshal. LOL.  Anyhow, they came for a special emotional reason that I won't go into, but, on Friday we went for a run in the car over to West Wales, I love the ride and arrival at the sea, even though we ourselves are a 10 minute drive from the sea.  We went to Aberaeron, then onto New Quay and then onto Aberporth, on the very first day of Summer, it was what we all needed, a wonderful journey with beautiful views. Here is record of our stops.

We had to stop at a red light so I took this!!!!

This is Aberaeron at the mouth of the harbour 
 
A gull looking for the fishing boats me thinks?


Aberaeron harbour, I love all the houses painted different colours

I haven't seen ducks in the sea before

This is New Quay the first time this year I have seen people sunbathing and some so red, I expect they suffered the next day.  Look how blue the sea looks, NOT photoshopped at all


New Quay looking the other way!  For some reason, I can't remember why, I didn't  take photos of Aberporth, it was so beautiful too.


4 comments:

Shirley Young said...

Great card Faith. Don't know about you but I always find it hard to think of ideas for masculine cards. Your photos are lovely, looks really beautiful.

Laine said...

Such a fabulous male themed card. Thank you for sharing your stunnings photo's.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at PCJ Challenge
Laine - DT
xx

Bonnie said...

First of all, this is a fantastic card for a guy or even a young boy who is very into Ninjas (like my 5 yr. old grandson). I love how you did them in silhouette. And some beautiful pictures of your trip! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Vicky Hayes said...

A great idea for a masculine card Faith and the most gorgeous photos too! Wales really is the most beautiful country in the sunshine. Hope all is well with you and yours. Vicky x