27 June 2013

Stars and Stripes

Hi Everyone, from wet and cold Wales, well I say cold, it's 15C, but for a summer day I want SUN and real warmth. Oh! well, we could be worse I suppose, we could be flooded as in India.

On to my card, as you know I love Elizabeth Dulemba images on her colouring book page here well here is another, I wanted to make a birthday card, so looked through my digi images and this cupcake image popped out at me.  I used Make a Wish papers and elements by M. Turnidge at Scraporchard.  Great bright happy papers I thought, I then coloured and shaded the cupcakes in PS to match the paper colours and paper pieced the stand also in PS.  The papers were added to the card and the circle and stars are put on 3D stickers.  The ribbon I am thrilled to say matched exactly with the stripe.

I will also add this to Elizabeth Dulemba gallery.

EDITED thrilled to say, ELizabeth chose me as featured card in her weekly newsletter.


I am entering the following challenges

http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/challenge-50.html  Anything Goes with ribbons

http://myheartpiecesdigitalstampchallenge.blogspot.in/2013/06/use-digi-stamp.html  Use a digi stamp

http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/ttt-stars-stripes-and-sparkle.html
 Stars Stripes and Sparkle.

http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/4-ccc-148-cupcakes.html  Cupcakes

15 comments:

Leanne said...

So yummy! Thanks for playing our cupcake challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, love the colors too. Image is pretty sweet!

Leanne DT!
4 Crafty Chicks

Shirley Young said...

Lovley colours Faith, they look good enough to eat.

Lisa Jane said...

ooh so pretty - love the colours
Lisa x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh love the image, it's fab! Pretty colours and a lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Pat K said...

Yummy card Faith. Love the pastels with great use of the stars & stripes.....even see some sprinkles in there...fabulous, hugs, Pat K x

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME! What a great interpretation of our challenge! Thanks so much for joining our "Stars, Stripes & Sparkle" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images Design Team
SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card.
luv
Debby

Gerda said...

wow what a pretty colours and lovely card.
Thank you for joining the Stars Stripes and Sparkle challenge by Shelly,s Images
we hope to see you back really soon
hugs
Gerda

Shelly's Images Design Team

carol said...

Popped on over from CRAFTY RIBBONS to say hello and thanks for playing along with our challenge....wonderful card x carol

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH this is so cute! I love that stack of cupcakes - WTG! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :D

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Faith - You've done it again! This is positively adorable! I'm going to feature your creation in my July 2, 2013 Coloring Page Tuesday newsletter. If you're commenters would like to see your work featured there, they can sign up at http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html (and find more coloring pages).
Cheers and keep creating!
:)
e

Tamie said...

Oooooo these cupcakes look good enough to eat, super yummy and good for the tummy....LOL. I love your colors, layout and the image of cupcakes are fantastic. It is nice to meet you from Wales, my best friend is going back home on Tuesday and she used to live in Wales, hope she gets sunny weather too! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Your creation is awesome!

Tamie said...

Not sure if my first comment went thru so here it goes with another one! Oooooo those cupcakes just look simply fabulous, yummy for the tummy...LOL. Loving the colors, layout and your incredible image! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Your creation is awesome!

My friend is going home to Wales on Tuesday so hopefully she will have warm and sunny weather! It is nice to meet such a talented artist from Wales.

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

It's lovely. Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.
Hugs Miranda

Cindy said...

Love this birthday card! Unique artwork... Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces.