04 February 2014

Grim Reaper birthday

Hi Everyone, what a fabulous day, we had sun until 4ish, I cleaned through with help from hubby, dried 2 lots of washing on the line and it felt like Spring although a little cold, even the daffodils are on their way to flowering! What a difference a little sun makes to everything.

Onto my card for today, this has a story around it.  I probably have mentioned before that our family have a "sick" sense of humour, my eldest brother was 78 on Monday and whenever he is asked how he is, replies,"I've missed the Grim Reaper again today!"  So for his birthday card I HAD to use the Grim Reaper.  I used a freebie background paper from Bearly Mine Designs and the Grim Reaper is from JustInklined, the font is Chiller.  I 3D glossed the sentiment and the scythe blade.  His response was a good laugh and "I'm glad too" LOL.

He went to Tenerife yesterday after checking that the weather is good, he is a computer buff and has a few web sites of his own to do with his Motor home and the trials and tribulations of it.







5 comments:

Aileen said...

Just brilliant Faith. I love it! xx

Suzie's Card Den said...

Great card Faith, my sense of humour too - LOL.

Shirley Young said...

What a great idea Faith, bet your brother was tickled pink. I have a few friends who would really be amused by this -guess it's an age thing !!

Bonnie said...

This is a fun card! Sounds like it was perfect for your brother! Glad he liked it. I sure do!

Vicky Hayes said...

I afraid we share your sense of humour in this family and we've all had a good chuckle over this one Faith! Happy birthday to your brother and may the Grim Reaper continue to miss him! Vicky x