23 March 2014

Engagement card

Hi Everyone.  Thank you for your sentiments on my Dear Brothers passing.  I really appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thank goodness for crafting to take my mind it all.  My "take my mind off" card today is an Engagement card requested by one of the girls in the office for her son.


The image is a free digi from the wonderful Dearie Dolls it was already coloured so no real thinking there, the red dot paper is by Summer Driggs, the larger back paper is just a red shape added in PS and I added an overlay of hearts by Marisa Lerin", I "Stickled" the hearts and added tiny eyes and a sentiment, all done in PS, then printed and mounted onto black card and placed onto the card.

 I used this sketch,
OK it's not quite the same, but I glued the dot paper in the
wrong place, my mind is off somewhere else!









http://whimsiedoodles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/new-challenge-seeing-spots-and-
winners.html    Spots - Yep!

http://cardsgalorechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/using-stamp-or-digi-stamp-anywhere-on.html  Digi stamp - Yep!

http://feelingcraftychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-challenge-use-digi-and-bling.html  Digi and Bling - Yep!

http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/doodle-pantry-digital-challenge-44.html  Any Digi Goes - Yep!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Im not surprised you mind is somewhere else Faith and considering how you must be feeling you did a grand job. Martin and Mandy will love this but the black cat looks like he has a shiner I wonder did Mandy give it to him !

Take care.

Marie

Debbie said...

Adorable engagement card!!
Thanks for sharing with us at DPDC44!!

Gemma said...

Lovely engagement card
Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Use a stamp or digi image challenge #3
Gemma x

Isobel said...

Great card thanks for joining us at Feeling Crafty and good luck x

Shirley Young said...

Love this card Faith, I've just found the digi and as we are cat people I'm going to use it for a card for my hubby as our Wedding Anniverary is next week so thanks for the inspiration. Your card is gorgeous.

Sue said...

Fabulous image and card Faith.
Thinking of you.
Hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Love it! What more can I say? x

Anonymous said...

This card is precious - they will love it. I Great image and fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 44 this month.
Lyn - DP Guest Designer

Pauline said...

This is a gorgeous engagement card! I love those curled cat images together!
Sorry for your loss xx

Bonnie said...

This looks like the sketch to me, Faith! I LOVE these cute kitties with the google eyes!

Aileen said...

As always you've come up with the perfect card. The cats are purr fect and the googly eyes are a super addition. x

G Peplow said...

A brilliant and very personal engagement card Faith :D As you say crafting is a good distraction, hope you're doing okay, Gay xx

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how cathartic crafting can be, so I'm glad you made this adorable card and shared it with us. Thanks so much for sharing with us in the DOODLE PANTRY DPDC44 challenge.

MaryH said...

This is darling! A perfect engagement card, loved the background papers & your take on the sketch. Your couple will be delighted to have this. TFS & hugs

Wishcraft said...

Faith, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother xx Your card is gorgeous, love that cute image. Hugs, Lisa x

Mandy Ashley said...

So sorry for your loss..

Fab creation, love the image! Thank you for joining in with us over at our Feeling Crafty Challenge :)

Viv said...

It's a beautiful card, love the cute cats Faith. Yes I agree crafting is a great blessing in times like this. :) hugs Viv xx

Sarn said...

Hi Faith . . . gosh I'm catching up here . . . so sorry to learn of your sad loss. Heartfelt hugs going your way.

Crafting is great to take your mind off things and you've made a lovely commission card here.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx