04 October 2014

World Card Making Day

Hi Everyone, it's World Card Making Day and as I am GD on Deedee's Digi Stamps, I decided to use her image to celebrate.  I used the ready coloured image from Turtleriffic Day.  I've used it a few times, but it always makes me smile each time I use it. 

A change for me I used a cut file, this time from Birds Cards and made an easel card, I think, only the second one I have made. I fussy cut the image and layered his body and mouth, I had terrible trouble getting a photo as it was 9.45pm when I finished it.  Which is just as well as I can now send it to my Goddaughter for her birthday next week. I decided to off layer so to speak the bottom and top to more interest.  I cut the sentiment out and "shadowed it". The inside sentiment comes with the digi set and it so cute.  Considering I had to do it in a rush and it has been a very busy day, I am quite pleased with the result, I may even do another one like it LOL.




DP Designs by Sheila
Plaid template by Kathryn Estry

Challenges

http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/week-40-anything-but-square.html  Anything but square - Yep!

http://www.blogquickquotes.com/2014/10/friday-challenge-44.html  Circles and stripes - Yep!

http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/challenge-77.html  Anything Goes - Yep!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always - turtley amazing! lol x

Kathy D. said...

This is just adorable. Your granddaughter will love it! I love that green paper as it is perfect for a turtle. So glad to have you as a GDT member!

Sue said...

Awww this is sooo cute Faith and your Granddaughter will totally love it! huggles Sue xx

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable, Faith! I really like how you used the patterned paper for the base of the card, and how you popped up parts of the image to give it depth. The little purple flowers are such perfectly girly accents. Your granddaughter is sure to love this! Thanks so much for sharing this, and for sharing about our little WCMD celebration!

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful easel card. Thanks for joining us at polkadoodles challenge xxxx

Sarn said...

What a lovely shaped card Faith. I forgot it was World Cardmaking Day . . . and didn't make a thing! xxx

PoppyK said...

I love this card Thank you for joining in the "Anything But Square" challenge at www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk have fun and Keeeeeep Crafting Katie DTxx

Shirley Young said...

Am trying to catch up on all I've missed Faith, this is a really fun card.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Lovely! I adore that happy little turtle and I love that style of card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Quick Quotes!