07 March 2015

Top Hat

Deedee's digis is sponsoring the challenge at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Shaped Cards, so I went to see what Deedee had that I could use and saw this top hat in the "Distinguished Gentleman" kit, I used 2 outline images in the kit. reversed one of them then joined them, clipped an ombre DP to the shape in PS, added another to the band then printed it and fussy cut it. I cut into the shape slightly by the head band so the ribbon could sit in it. It works as a rocker card :)

It just shows that you don't have to use a male centred kit as a male card LOL.

http://suzypantssmarty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/7-march-challenge-70-anything-goes-with.html Anything Goes

http://crazy4challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/crazy-4-challenges-c4c276-put-bow-on.html Put on a bow

http://notrealstamps.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/its-all-about-her-with-kenny-k.html  It's all about her

http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-96.html Anything Goes

16 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Faith . . . just been catching up with your blog posts . . . all of which are fab-u-lous of course. Loving this shaped card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cotnob said...

This is stunning Faith, your masculine topper has made a beautiful feminine card.
Pauline
x

Shirley Young said...

Really eyecatching Faith, looks stunning.

Jacee said...

Great idea Faith, lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

This is fab Faith! lots of huggles Sue xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

How awesome is this! I love your idea of this card being a card for a woman yet you would think only for a man. Wonderful!

MaryH said...

A genius card using this shape, and as usual, your PS skills contain to amaze me. A perfect card for a Gentleman, and wonderful use of the digi image! Love it! TFS & Hugs. Happy wkend.

MagsB said...

Faith, this is wonderful!! What a terrific idea for a rocker card!

'I'm putting on my Top Hat, Tying up my white tie, Brushing up my tails' - now I have that great Fred Astaire song going through my mind! :)

love Mags B x

Bonnie said...

What a fabulous hat, Faith! This is amazing!

Shirley-Anne said...

Clever thinking . Beautifully decorated top hat .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Shona Erlenborn said...

You put on your thinking cap for this one! How clever. Love it! Never would have thought to make it into a more feminine themed card.

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation! I love the shape, it is so different and looks perfect with your gorgeous embellishments. Sorry I haven't been to visit for a few days!
Rebecca.
x

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Faith, this is just fabulous! Love the whole hat idea and that big loopy bow is just perfect!! What a brilliant creation my crafty friend! hugs :)

Holly Young said...

wonderfully different! I love the hat shape. I especially like how you tied the ribbon and used the little pearls. Very lovely!

Camille Short said...

I'm so impressed with this card - what a cute Easter card this would make in those colors!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful original creation!
Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge and good luck.
Ileanaxx