21 May 2017

Honeycomb and flowers

Hi Everyone, my card today is for the Micheal Strong FB challenge which requires use of a honeycomb stencil. Well! I haven't got paints to enable me to use a stencil, so this is my version!

Hetty gave a stencil for everyone to download, so I cut it out on the Cameo from honeycomb DP, then glued the cut out pieces to sparkle vellum, (you can't see the sparkle in the photo - sorry). I then laid the "stencil" on top and under the top layer, which I 3D'd. I laid the "stencil" so it could have been stenciled? with a little white border, hope that makes sense.

Vase Michael Strong red rubber stamp
mini flowers Tattered Lace, Stamp vase and dies coloured to 
match the corner, with Spectrum Noir pens
corner floral and bee Hugware, no longer available
black frame Rose Thorn no longer available
square Noble die Sue Wilson
I hope this suits the theme.

http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/challenge-5-may-anything-goes_7.html

14 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow this is stunning! I don't know how you manage to achieve so much dimension using the computer? Awesome card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Thanks for your lovely comment, but this time I actually used dies and a rubber stamp! The only thing I did on the 'puter was the top corner. and the honeycomb DP, BUT I love that you think I am that clever on the 'puter LOL.

Mac Mable said...

Clever and beautiful card. Great use of the honeycomb theme. Great dimension and fabulous card x

Wishcraft said...

Fab design and a lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

cotnob said...

A pretty card Faith, your honeycomb looks fabulous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

NanaConnie said...

Oh, I love how you stenciled this one, Faith! Great honeycomb.

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Faith! I love how you've framed the stencil and those tiny, yellow flowers!

Pamellia said...

This is fantastic Faith!! I love the window you created with the honeycomb background showing through. The vase with the flowers is just gorgeous, so many little petals, love it! The corner design is beautiful and the bee ties everything in together! Amazing design, love it! hugs :)

Linby said...

Love how you used the vellum for the stencilling - so clever. Those flowers both on the corner and in the vase are so pretty too. Such a lovely and delicate card.

Carol L said...

Great take on the challenge and I love that cute window of honeycomb!

Sally H said...

Wow! Totally Gorgeous! So beautiful!

Kate said...

This turned out so pretty!! The honeycomb looks wonderful over and under the vellum and I'll bet it's just lovely with the sparkle too!

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Very nice card! Thanks you for joining with us at The Corrosive Challenge. Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Crafting with Darcy said...

Really gorgeous, Faith! You have quite the good eye for putting things together to make such an appealing card! Love this card!
Hugs!
Darcy